Out-Of-State And Nonresident DUI Offenses
If you are traveling through Shreveport or other areas of Louisiana during vacation or holiday, and are arrested for driving under the influence (DUI/DWI), you want representation from an attorney familiar with the local laws and area judges. At the law office of Carl Henry Franklin, Attorney at Law, people from outside the state or those facing DWI/DUI in East Texas have an experienced legal advocate.
A Local Attorney Helping Drivers Facing Out-Of-State DUI Offenses
At our firm, we understand that being charged with DUI/DWI is more than just an inconvenience; it can affect your life personally and professionally. Also, an arrest can be especially difficult if you live outside the state where the offense occurred. That is why we work with all our clients to discreetly handle their DUI/DWI matters.
Some ways we can assist out-of-state drivers include:
- If you are not a Louisiana resident, we can explain the processes of the Louisiana courts, giving you a better idea of what to expect going forward.
- We can usually make the initial court appearance on your behalf.
- We will try to convince the court to create a convenient schedule for any mandatory appearances.
- Our knowledge of the laws and the legal landscape may result in negotiation for a generous plea agreement.*
- We can address any out-of-state arrest warrants and how prior offenses may affect the DWI you incurred while driving through Louisiana.
Experienced DUI Representation For Out-Of-State Motorists
If you were pulled over and charged with a DUI/DWI, experienced representation is often the best method for mitigating the consequences of a conviction. No matter if you were driving a car, a commercial truck, motorcycle or stopped while boating on one of Shreveport’s many waterways, our lawyer can provide advice, negotiate with the prosecution and advocate on your behalf should your case go to trial.
Start building a strong DUI defense by contacting the Shreveport law office of Carl Henry Franklin, Attorney at Law, by dialing 318-284-8499 or by filling out our contact form. We serve clients throughout Louisiana, East Texas and visitors hailing from outside the region.
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.