Shreveport Child Custody Attorney
Going through a divorce is difficult, but when young children are involved, the process can be more contentious than ever. For many people, structuring a child custody and visitation arrangement is an emotional undertaking that requires assistance from a skilled attorney. At the firm of Carl Henry Franklin, Attorney at Law, we provide attentive, personalized services that ensure your parental rights are protected.
Reaching An Amicable Visitation Agreement
The primary concern during any divorce or separation is preserving the well-being of any children who are involved. Although most parents hope to maintain primary physical custody, the courts weigh a number of factors when determining the best interests of a child. We will advocate on your behalf throughout the legal proceedings while striving to maintain an uninterrupted relationship with your loved ones.
Some elements the court considers during child custody and visitation proceedings include:
- The abilities of each parent to provide for the child’s physical as well as emotional needs
- The stability of the family home the child will eventually reside in
- The mental and physical condition of the parents
- Amenities such as schools, parks and the safety of the community
- The criminal history of each parent (if applicable)
- Depending on the maturity of the child, his or her preference
- Any special needs of the child, including medical supervision
Experience And Professionalism During Litigation
Child custody negotiations have the potential for difficult and drawn-out litigation. With 35 years of legal experience, Carl Henry Franklin is a lawyer who understands how to investigate, gather evidence, make your case and pursue the best possible result. From poring over school and medical records, gathering testimony and protecting your parental rights, our firm has the skill and resources to handle any child custody or visitation case.
To schedule an initial consultation, contact our Shreveport, Louisiana, law office by dialing 318-284-8499 or by completing our contact form. With years of experience handling all matters of family law, we know how to discreetly and affordably resolve your legal issue.